Objective and Functions of International center in Four main areas
- Promote theoretical, experimental and applied research in fields of land, soil and water interactions and climate change.
- Conduct research focused on the interdisciplinary aspects of integrated watershed management.
- Create and reinforce a Cooperative Information Network (CIN).
- Enhance capacity building and promote partnership through cooperation in technical and science research projects.
- Disseminate the results of research.
- Facilitate the development of inter institutional and multi-national research and educational activities.
- Provide technical consulting and advisory services in the region and beyond, as required.
- Promote communication among water-related centres and other international organizations
- Produce technical publications and other media items related to the activities of the Centre.